In this article, I share the way to change iPhone IMEI number without jailbreaking. You can do this easily with the help of IMEI change tool. The IMEI number is a unique identity of each device. It is set by default in iPhones by the manufacturer. This IMEI number is detected by your phone’s SIM networks and cannot be changed. What if I told you that there is a way to change the IMEI number of your iPhone IOS.
How to change iPhone IMEI without jailbreak
It is a simple task to change iPhone IMEI number with the guide below. IMEI number can be changed using PC tool, ZiPhone. ZiPhone is an open source iPhone unlocking tool. It is easy to use and changes the IMEI number of iPhones within minutes. Here is the tutorial to use ZiPhone to change IMEI number of any iPhone.
What to remember before changing the IMEI of the iPhone
There are some things that you should keep in mind before going through the process to change iPhone IMEI number without jailbreaking.
- The iPhone should already be unlocked or activated. You can check the guide to activate iPhone.
- If you change the IMEI number of your device, its warranty will be destroyed. If the warranty period is over, you can change the IMEI number freely.
- Changing the IMEI number of a stolen phone is illegal. You can get caught.
Hope you have read the above points and stick to them. So let’s move on to the step by step guide to change iPhone IMEI number.
Steps to change iPhone IMEI number
Below is the step by step guide to change IMEI number of iPhones. Follow all the steps exactly and you can easily change iPhone IMEI number.
- First of all, you need to know the IMEI number of your iPhone. To do this, open the numeric keypad of your device and dial * # 06 # . You will see your device’s IMEI number.
- To change the IMEI of the iPhone, you need to jailbreak it. You can find the guide to jailbreaking iPhone on Google.
- Once you are done with the jailbreak, open your computer and download a ZiPhone tool from the link below. After downloading, extract the package of files.ZIPHONE FOR WINDOWSZIPHONE FOR MAC
- You need to start your phone in recovery mode. To do this, simultaneously press the On / Off and On / Off buttons until the Apple logo is visible on the screen.
- Release the button and you will see the iTunes logo with a cable on the screen. Now connect your iPhone to your PC.
- In the extracted files folder on your computer, press the Shift button. Then right-click on the empty area and select Start Command Prompt here.
- The command prompt will open. Type ZiPhone here.
- Then enter Ziphone -u -i a123456789012345. Replace 123456789012345 with the desired IMEI number for your iPhone.
- Wait 3-4 minutes. Then your device restarts. Finished!
With this, you have successfully replaced your iPhone’s IMEI number with the desired IMEI number. The above trick is a simple process that takes a few minutes. You can now check your iPhone’s new IMEI number by dialing * # 06 #. And you will see the new IMEI.
Supported models: – X / 8/8 Plus / 7 / SE / 6s Plus / 6s / 6 Plus / 6 / 5s / 5
Above is the whole process of changing IMEI number of iPhone without jailbreak. The method is quite easy and straightforward to follow. You can easily change your iPhone’s IMEI number with this trick. But make sure you have jailbroken your iPhone. Otherwise it won’t work. Hope you understood the guide and can change your iPhone IMEI number easily. If you still have questions, feel free to ask in the comment section.